Fighting Discrimination In The Workplace
Have you been discriminated against in your workplace? Discrimination or harassment on account of disability, gender, race, or religion is illegal. If you’ve experienced discrimination at work, it may be time to engage an employment discrimination lawyer.
Mr. Matthew Romanik is a workplace discrimination attorney who has been practicing law for more than 26 years. He is dedicated to defending the rights of employees in the Daytona Beach, FL area and beyond.
At Working For Workers law firm, we believe that employees are at the foundation of our society, and that they should be supported and protected. If you’ve been treated unfairly at your job and need legal assistance, our firm is ready to go to work for you.
What Counts As Discrimination?
There are regulations in place at the federal level that protect people in certain categories from workplace discrimination. Federal law prohibits employers, or those associated with the employer, from discriminating based on:
- Gender or sexual orientation
- Genetic information
- Race, color, or nationality
- Additional categories protected by law
What’s more, Florida has its own laws protecting people from discrimination due to certain illnesses or marital status. A Daytona Beach workplace discrimination lawyer can help you determine whether you have a case. They can also walk you through filing a claim at the state or federal level, or both.
Discrimination could include any unfair treatment based on the factors listed above. It could appear in many forms, including harassment or sexual harassment, demotions, unequal pay, hiring or firing, and more. If you believe you have been discriminated against at your workplace, you should contact an employment discrimination lawyer.
In addition, workers with disabilities are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you’ve experienced unjust treatment due to a disability, you should reach out to a disability discrimination lawyer as soon as possible.
What Can A Workplace Discrimination Lawyer Do For Me?
Proving your case can be difficult, especially when an employer is trying to hide a bias. A skilled employment discrimination lawyer will assist you in collecting evidence to prove you were treated unfairly. Beyond gathering evidence, an employment discrimination attorney can also:
- Discuss your situation to ensure you have a case
- Provide legal support and advice along the way
- Help you understand different policies and requirements of the state and federal governments
- Adhere to any deadlines when filing claims and complaints
- Provide legal representation during litigation
- And more…
For filing discrimination complaints or lawsuits, there are certain time limits in place. For this reason, it is crucial to reach out to a workplace discrimination lawyer as soon as possible in order to meet any deadlines.
Call Working For Workers Today
If you’ve experienced discrimination at your job, it’s important to work with a supportive and capable employment discrimination lawyer. At Working For Workers, we know the value of employees and the importance of a safe work environment.
We know how to handle workplace discrimination cases, and will do everything in our power to resolve your situation. For the supportive legal service you deserve, contact our office in Daytona Beach, FL today. You can schedule your free initial consultation with us by calling (386) 388-6260.
- Remedies Under The Fair Labor Standards Act In Florida: Positioning Yourself For Success
- Navigating Claims Under The Fair Labor Standards Act In Florida
- Understanding The Purpose Of The Fair Labor Standards Act In Florida
- Upholding Workers’ Rights: Understanding The Fair Labor Standards Act And Its Key Provisions
- Florida Workplace Discrimination: Procedures, Rights, Evidence & Protections